the informal ramblings of a formal language researcher

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

dlopen on win32 ?

I spent today getting Larceny to build on Cygwin. After I finished getting something that seemd to evaluate simple Scheme expressions, I tried dynamic loading. And it didn't work.

So at last I realized that I had been misinterpreting many of Lars' statements: dynamic loading doesn't work at all on Windows (even under Cygwin, which was the key bit I was missing).

Thus began a huge quest to figure out how dynamic loading works on Windows. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Here are some links I've found trying to explain it to Unix-heads like myself (or just looked interesting as I browsed over the Google output).

I think I need to pay special attention to the "Gimp" solution documented on the EDLL page; I don't mind writing a .def file that has all the millicode routines listed in it.

1 comment:

Roger Pack said...

looks like http://code.google.com/p/dlfcn-win32/ also provides it

Followers