the informal ramblings of a formal language researcher

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

old stack based languages

We all know that I've been looking at Forth to digest its approach to allowing powerful compile-time constructions.

Fare, an LL-discuss member, mentioned POP-11 as an alternative to Forth (that might be even older). It seems to also have the ability to define compile-time programs; it remains to be seen how it compares to Forth (or Lisp/Scheme, for that matter).

heh


I just realized that my use of "We all know" up above is completely unfounded, because I didn't bother to blog during the month of July, which was when I was investigating Forth so heavily. I suppose I should finish the investigation (or at least both the books from the library) and write something up.

No comments:

Followers